Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Bangalore Day 2

Infosys
Yesterday our group visited an area with a high concentration of tech companies. I believe it is called Electronic City, the Indian version of Silicon Valley. There we toured Infosys, an India-based IT and consulting company. Apple is one of their major clients. Being able to visit such a beautiful "campus" owned by one of the largest technology companies in India was an honor. The campus feels like a small city unto itself. Infosys is equipped with multiple cafeterias, guards in military uniforms carrying assault weapons, gardens maintained by 300 landscapers, swimming pools, basketball courts and very modern buildings fit for, well, a large technology company. It fascinates me that a company founded with about $200 can turn into something this spectacular. Dreams do come true for some, I hope mine can too. I wonder if any of their high-profile clients such as Bill Gates are as impressed as I was with the facility.

A pyramid building at Infosys
The weather was quite pleasant, if not a little too sunny and warm. Being a business management major, and somewhat interested in technology, this visit was an amazing experience for me. In fact, if I had the opportunity to work at a place like Infosys if I switched my major to computer science, I would consider doing so. It really does seem like an amazing company. Unfortunately we did not get to see any of their operations or go inside many of the buildings for security reasons. After the tour, I also appreciated stopping at one of the cafeterias for lunch. That part of the tour was very enjoyable as well.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment